Sunday, October 16, 2011

The Millers Lately...


Realizing that the holidays are just around the corner I'm going to attempt one mega post of all that we have been up to since the summer.

Our Sam turned 5 (really?) last week. We love this boy so much & are excited to watch him continue to grow & learn. We started off his birthday morning with waffles.



Announcing his age...a whole hand!


Josh is our waffle chef & the boys love to help him get the batter ready.



Josh did some research & selected a bible for Sam. Smart kid can already read so we want to give him every opportunity to read the bible.


He has also been crazy for these pet pillows & was pretty excited to get one.


Five candles on his birthday waffles.


I took cupcakes to school on Friday. Sam was happy despite what he looks like in this picture!

His classmates were very sweet singing "Happy Birthday" & they all enjoyed the cupcakes.


I can't believe he is 5!


We had a fun family party on Saturday. Pops, Nana, Aunt Z, Uncle John & Aunt Stacy, & Aunt Meg & Uncle Matt joined us for fun games, birthday cake, & pizza.




Great cake made by Cindy Keese!



Last weekend we took advantage of the beautiful weather to go hiking. We took Shiloh & headed up to DuPont State Forest. There were two short waterfall hikes that we enjoyed.






The previous weekend the boys & I went to Nashville to see Uncle Jonathan. Mimi traveled with us & it was a great trip. We enjoyed getting to spend time with Jonathan & Chrissy.


Uncle Jonathan introduced them to Mario Kart.


We took a trip to Bryson's Apple Orchard with the boys' classes...I did not get lost like last year.




Mrs. Rose, Troy & his class. He has the same teacher that Sam had last year.


We went to the First Friday parade as our custom & stayed for the men's soccer game. We actually made it through the first half & then left to go get some supper.


Both boys are going to pre-school 3 mornings a week this year. First day smiles.


Josh took Sam & Troy camping with his friend Andy & Andy's son Benjamin. They camped at Oconee State Park & although they didn't get much sleep had a great time. There was fun at the playground...


mini-golf...


and a short hike to our favorite swimming hole & climb-able waterfall off the Foothills Trail.


It was a great Father/Son camp-out which I'm sure will be repeated as often as possible.


1 comment:

The Hawkins said...

Love all the pictures!! I can't believe Sam is 5. How time flies! Glad you all are doing well. Love you all.